- From the current academic year (2016-2017) admissions to all PG diploma courses will be made through a common Admission test (C-CAT 2018).
- C-CAT 2018 will be conducted in the form of three test papers labeled as
SECTION - A (English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude),
SECTION - B (Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communications & Networks, Object Oriented Programming,Operating Systems)
SECTION - C (Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors)
Depending upon the choice(s) of the programme(s) made by the candidate he/she will have to either appear in just one test paper (SECTION - A) or two test papers (SECTION - A and SECTION - B) or all the three test papers (SECTION - A, SECTION - B and SECTION - C).
Depending on the course chosen, candidate need to appear for the test papers (relevant sections) as per the table given below:
Programme(s) Test paper(s) to be taken
PG Diploma in Advanced Computing(PG-DAC)
Section A + Section B
- Those Candidates who qualify in C-CAT 2018 will be offered admission to various PG diploma courses covered on the basis of their ranks and choices. There is no age restriction to appear in C-CAT 2018.
- C-CAT 2018 will be held on 09 December 2018 and 16 December 2018 Candidates may chose one of the dates as per their convenience while filling the application. The choice of date once made will not be altered unless approved in writing by C-DAC.
- To apply for admission to a desired programme, a candidate is required to qualify in the corresponding test paper(s) and also satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria of the respective academic programme.
- The candidates who have either appeared or are due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible to appear in the test. By qualifying in C-CAT 2018, candidates can apply for provisional admission subject to the condition that:
(a) all parts of their final examination shall be completed by the date of registration in the programme, and (b) proof of having passed the qualifying degree with required eligibility by 31 May 2019.
- The candidates will be provided ranks based on their performance in Section A, Section A+B, Section A+B+C. If a candidate appears in multiple sections, he/she shall be provided multiple ranks accordingly. For example if a candidate appears in Section A and Section B, he/she shall be provided two ranks, based on performance in Section A and based on performance in Section A and B. A candidate can appear only in those sections which are chosen at the time of filling in the application. A candidate, who has not appeared for a particular section, will not get any position in the merit lists, which span over that section. For each programme a separate merit list will be prepared from the list of candidates opting for that programme. Admissions to various programmes at different centres will be made on the basis of merit in C-CAT 2018 subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements.
- Candidates should note that mere appearance in C-CAT 2018 or being in any of the merit list neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement to admission. Qualified candidates will have to apply for admission as per the prescribed procedure. Admissions shall be made in order of merit based on the choice exercised by the candidate and depending on the number of seats available in the programmes at the Admitting Centre(s).
- With regard to the interpretation of the provisions of any matter not covered in this Information Brochure, the decision of the C-DAC shall be final and binding on all the parties concerned.
The applicant should also practice the use of good features of the language, modularize his/her code, put suitable comments to improve readability of the code, make extensive use of library routines and format the programs to express the logical flow clearly.
The candidate should note that the rigorous programming practice as prescribed above is not only required to succeed in the C-CAT but is also required to learn various modules of DAC with rapid pace. The rigorous programming practice is in fact the most important prerequisite to undertake the DAC Course and possible successful career in the IT industry thereafter. The candidate may avail the facility of free online Pre-DAC course on ACTS Website. The candidate may also contact the nearest DAC center for attending the Pre-DAC course at the center.